Sunday 3 February 2013

Review: Flight

World of Blackout 77-Word Film Review

Flight Poster

Flight
Cert: 12A / 138 mins / Dir. Robert Zemeckis



For better or worse, the film you'll see is not as slick, zippy or clear-cut as that trailer. The pacing's uneven, the secondary characters are picked up and put down like a spoiled child's toys, and Washington does his damnedest (successfully so) to keep his character from being too likeable. It left me slightly drained, but it is good, just about 25 minutes too long.

So. Anyone fancy a pint?


Is the trailer representative of the film?
…no.


Did I laugh, cry, gasp and sigh when I was supposed to?
Mostly.


Does it achieve what it sets out to do?
Yes.


Pay at the cinema, Rent on DVD or just wait for it to be on the telly?
DVD.


Will I think less of you if we disagree about how good/bad this film is?
No.


Will I watch it again?
…no.


Is there a Wilhelm Scream?
No.


And because you won't be happy until I've given it a score...


DISCLAIMERS:
• ^^^ That's dry, British humour, and most likely sarcasm or facetiousness.
• Yen's blog contains harsh language and even harsher notions of propriety. Reader discretion is advised.
• This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here represent my own thoughts (at the time of writing) and not those of the people, institutions or organisations that I may or may not be related with unless stated explicitly.

No comments:

Post a Comment