And here we are, six months into 2012, and six months into my insane self-imposed vow to go to the cinema 100 times this year. I managed 83 in 2011, and I wasn't impressed with the roundness of the number. Like last year, I've decided to rate and review each film I see at the cinema, including repeat-viewings.
Here's a roundup of the year so far. Clicking on an image will open the review in a new window.
So, that's good is it?
It's bang on target, yes. Half way through the year half way to accomplishing my goal.
So, how are you doing, statistically?
• Of the 50 films I've seen, 16 have been in 3D.
• The average score for films overall has been 5.1 out of 7
• The average score for 3D films has been 5.7 out of 7
• The BBFC rating breakdown has been: Cert U (8 movies), Cert PG (2 movies), Cert 12A (21 movies), Cert 15 (17 movies), Cert 18 (2 movies).
• The month I visited the cinema most was February, with 12 screenings.
• All of the above stats have been heavily influenced by repeat viewings of two 3D films I've loved: The Phantom Menace and Avengers Assemble.
• No, you don't get a graph. I'm saving that for the post at the end of December.
Will you make the 100-film target?
That's debatable. So far this year, there have been films I haven't watched because they didn't appeal, but there have been a lot of titles that my local hasn't shown at all. The thing that's really kept my numbers up is the repeat viewings of films like Star Wars and Avengers. Since we're not likely to get more like that in the latter half of the year (and since Cineworld show no sign of adopting a staggered screening policy to accommodate more films), I think it'll be more luck than judgement if I make the century.
You're not normal. You know that don't you?
Yes, thank you.
• ^^^ That's dry, British humour, and most likely sarcasm or facetiousness.
• This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here represent my own thoughts (at the time of writing) and not those of the people, institutions or organisations that I may or may not be related with unless stated explicitly.