Wednesday 7 October 2009

56: Twelve Movies - Special Edition

CAUTION: Yen's blog contains harsh language and even harsher notions of propriety. Reader discretion is advised.



12 Days: 12 Movies – Special Edition

So, here we are for the second time this year. I don’t watch Star Wars enough. No, really. As much as I love the franchise, discuss it at the JC, and can ramble on for hours with endless trivia and minutiae about it, I spend more time reading SW comics/novels and playing SW games than I do actually watching the movies.

For a long time this was deliberate. I didn’t want to watch the movies to saturation point, where I’d automatically auto-pilot when one came on. But when the Clone Wars series started in 2008, all of a sudden I was getting new SW every week, and was even less inclined to squeeze in a movie on top of it. After the series finished, I felt a little burned-out. As much as I loved the series, it was nice to be able to step back and let it all absorb.

Star Wars fans have gone from getting two hours of material every three years to getting nine and a half hours of material over six months. It’s a bit of a rush.

So, in 12-Movies tradition, I’m going to watch a Star Wars feature every day for twelve days, and review them here. I know what you’re thinking: ”…but there are only six movies”. For the most part, I’ve got that covered; and it doesn’t involve watching the god-awful Ewoks cartoons (ironically, I love the Droids cartoons. I can’t explain it either).

So, buckle up and shake your head in despair as I review the highs and lows of my beloved franchise in one massive hit. They won’t all be gushing reviews, but they will be appreciative.

First up: Star Wars: A New Hope

DISCLAIMERS:
• ^^^ That's dry, British humour, and most likely sarcasm or facetiousness.

• This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here represent my own thoughts (at the time of writing) and not those of the people, institutions or organizations that I may or may not be related with unless stated explicitly.

No comments:

Post a Comment